Christmas and New Year is on the way, let the last festive payroll of the year go up with fun and cheerfulness. Elf and safety may not be important on your payroll agenda but a simple mistake wastes your festive season. So don’t let your festive payroll go out with a bang.
Future is uncertain and unpredictable, anything can happen. It may sound silly, but fires in the office rise during the festive period and Christmas related injuries can give a serious damage to key people. This could make delivering the final payroll of the year difficult.
Some employers are therefore fearful that allowing their staff to decorate the workplace during the festive period. Health, safety and HR regulations take care of their staff and employees from any danger but merely require you take sensible steps to avoid any risk involved in workplace and approach the task in a safe and practical manner.
The following are golden rules to keep you during the festive season:
• Don’t forget to save your important payroll data somewhere other than the computer you are sitting in. you should have back up for your important data.
• If you’re using hanging decorations then make sure you are using safety and appropriate steps to handle it. Do not climb on the desk or worse still on swivel chairs. Excitement to meet the payroll deadline and enjoy in your office is just awesome, but that won’t happen if you’re at home with a broken leg.
• There is the biggest risk of fire during any festive season, so beware of that. Avoid decoration near light fittings and heaters. A small mistake leads to a serious real fire hazard.
• Make sure Christmas lights are safe and that wires haven’t become detached during storage. There is a chance of losing your important payroll data in an offline file or other vital documents if a fire occurs.
• Cables, Christmas tree, and other decorations can cause trip hazards so be careful that walkways are kept clear.
• Be careful of too much alcohol at the Christmas lunch and party. Don’t drink too much that you lose your control. Keying an extra 10,000 for all employees will make the Christmas joy to them but will not a perfect festival for your business bosses.
If you are looking for the best tax professional in the East Bay, Get the help of a friendly tax expert at Tax Care. We are experienced in understanding your tax situation, particularly if you are looking tax preparation or best payroll services for small businesses.